Monday 28 March 2016

Student Loans - Not so scary after all!

So I just finished applying for my student loan, it’s very early I know, haven’t even accepted offers yet but from the scare stories of people not getting their maintenance money through until mid-October, I was determined to get it done early on.

From how it was presented to us in college, I thought it was going to be far more complicated and scary to do than it actually was. With the option to save and continue, it’s easy to do sections at a time rather than all in one go, and gives you time to think about it. I found the hardest section to answer was who to put as my extra contacts! They've clearly put a lot of thought into how they've set out the website, making it truly accessible for people. Even reading through the terms and conditions (which I actually did for a change) was clear and understandable, not using overly complex language, designed to confuse as is so often the case. Explaining how we repay it and when is reasonable and again, easy to understand.

Overall, I’d give the .gov website a big thumbs up! Maybe I won’t end up broke after all!

All the best,


Bea x

No comments:

Post a Comment